Camping in the Bigouden region
Want to discover the charm of Brittany? Discover the Pays Bigouden, a group of communes in the heart of South Finistère. Discover the many facets of this traditional region on a camping holiday in the Pays Bigouden.
Vacations in the Bigouden region
Packing your bags and heading off to discover the Bigouden region means visiting 22 exceptional seaside towns located south-west of the tip of Finistère. Among its villages and seaside resorts, holidaymakers can visit Combrit and its Sainte Marine resort,Île-Tudy, Le Guilvinec, Loctudy, Penmarc’h, Plomeur and Pont l’Abbé, the capital of Pays Bigouden!
What’s more, its seafront offers a wide range of water sports. On site, you’ll discover superb landscapes, as well as the Breton culture and traditions of local life.
Things to see and do in the Bigouden region
Discover the Bigouden region and its leisure activities
In the Pays Bigouden region, you’ll find fun activities to please children and parents alike. For example, you can join cooking workshops and sample delicious Breton specialities. Or let off steam in one of the many accrobranche and adventure parks, like the one at Parc accrobat near Bénodet. The House of Breton Games lets you discover traditional Breton games with family and friends. This recreation area offers a variety of activities for everyone, such as tour du chat, boules bretonnes, birinig, palets sur planches and more. Finally, if you’re looking for an activity that gets the whole family involved, the archi kurieux suggest a treasure hunt in one of the South Finistère communes.
Explore the Bigouden region on foot, by bike or on horseback
Discover the flora and fauna of Brittany on our many walks, bike rides and horseback rides. Discover the richness of Brittany thanks to the many trails in the Bigouden region, including :
- The Carrot Train interpretation trail in Plonéour-Lanvern
- The coastal path at Plozévet
- The GR34 hiking trail in Penmarc’h
- The fishing harbours loop starting from the slipway at Léchiagat
- The “kings chapels” circuit in Saint-Jean Trolimon
Thanks to its many walks, you can discover France’s first artisanal port, theAbri du Marin in the port of Guilvinec, the Sainte Marine lighthouse, the small port of Plouhan in Plozévet, the pointe de Penmarc’h, the small port of Pors-Poulhan and many other sites.
Water sports in the Bigouden region
Brittany, renowned for its rich natural and maritime heritage. You’ll be able to bask on the many beaches of the Pays Bigouden, such as Sainte Marine beach, just a stone’s throw from Le Helles campsite, and enjoy idleness, swimming and water sports. Indeed, the Bigouden region is full of water sports centers and schools where you can rent equipment and learn while having fun. You can choose to go paddling, surfing, kayaking, sand yachting or any number of other fun activities. Among the most beautiful beaches of the Bigouden country you can count on :
- Le Sillon beach at L’île-Tudy
- Langoz beach in Loctudy
- The Grève Blanche beach in Guilvinec
- Pors Carn beach or Ster beach in Penmarc’h
- La Torche beach in Plomeur
- Tronoan beach in Saint Jean Trolimon
- Pen Morvan beach in Sainte Marine
- Kermabec beach in Tréguennec
Fishing on foot, one of the Bigouden region’s flagship activities
Don’t leave without trying your hand at our flagship activity, fishing on foot. Take advantage of the early morning sun to head to the seaside with your family at low tide to discover the wonders of the sea. Shellfish, clams, seaweed, periwinkles, curlers or shrimps, there’s something for everyone.
Cultural activities for the whole family
The Bigouden region is also rich in culture and tradition. Discover its history and environment through a variety of museums, land and water wildlife parks, and music with Brittany’s festivals.
- Museums: The two most important museums in South Finistère are those of l’Amiral and Pays Bigouden. The Musée de l’Amiral brings together maritime gems through the theme of birds and shells. You’ll discover an impressive collection of fossils and marine animals from all over the world and from all eras. You can also discover the customs and traditions of the region by visiting the unmissable
musée du pays Bigouden
. This is the museum that traces the history of Brittany through various temporary and permanent exhibitions in Pont L’Abbé.
- Animal parks: Young and old alike can marvel at the various zoos and animal parks in the Bigouden region, including La Pommeraie and the Aven Parc educational farm. There are also aquariums that bring together species that can be found close to our Breton coasts. This is the case at the Marinarium in Concarneau, where you can discover the wonders of the ocean through its basins and daily activities. An opportunity to learn more about flora and fauna, and to educate youngsters about the importance of preserving species.
- Festivals : The Cornouaille Festival in Quimper has been bringing together all the richness of Brittany through its traditional dances and music for almost 100 years! Another festival to discover in the region is the embroiderers’ festival. This folk event was originally a demonstration of Bigouden headdresses and embroidery. Today, it has become a veritable celebration of all Breton specialties through music, dance and gastronomy in Pont L’Abbé. Both festivals take place at the start of the tourist season, usually in July.
Pays bigouden campsite: stay at Camping Le Helles
During your vacation in Brittany, head for Le Helles campsite for a relaxing and friendly stay in the Pays Bigouden. At Le Helles campsite, you can relax in the only campsite with direct access to the Sainte-Marine beach opposite Bénodet, while discovering the many communes of the Pays Bigouden. In the heart of Cornouaille, you can enjoy the riches of Finistère in our mobile homes and pitches for tents and caravans on clean, wooded grounds. Your waterfront vacation can be complemented by a range of family, sporting and cultural activities in and around the campsite. If you’d like more information, we’ll be happy to help you plan your stay at our campsite in Pays Bigouden!